Crallan Family and Divorce Solicitors covers a range of services


Our approach is to provide advice and assistance in a sympathetic yet objective manner. We are sensitive to the very personal nat...



Unlike the position with separating spouses, the court has no general power to redistribute the property between former partners....


Civil Partnerships Dissolution

Since December 2005 the courts have had almost identical powers to redistribute property when a Civil Partnership is dissolved by...


Marriage, Divorce and Property Redistribution

We also provide representation if your case ends up going to court. The law gives the court a huge amount of freedom to decide ho...


Pre Nuptial Agreements

We are happy to draft Pre-nuptial Agreements for a fixed fee.Increasingly, couples are hesitating before entering marriage becaus...



The effect upon children can be one of the most destructive consequences of relationship breakdown.Effective and timely negotiati...


Working exclusively in family law, offering a preminum quality service with invaluable support and advice, right from the start. We believe that it is important that you should be able to speak directly with your solicitor.

A long and bitter court case should be avoided. We encourage clients to pursue mediation, whenever appropriate. Mediation offers the least destructive and most dignified maner to resolve disputes. Sometimes mediation either has not worked or is simply not appropriate. Many divorce clients have been subjected to terrible emotional and financial stress by the person to whom they thought they were closest. In such situations a firm approach needs to be adopted when resolving the dispute through the courts with the clear aim of achieving the very possible result for the client.

We may be able to offer you a fixed fee payment structure. This means that you have a complete understanding of how much proceedings will cost throughout the duration of your case. Fixed fees are most appropriate for those with less complicated separations and, in particular those cases which do not need you to go to court.

option A

If you fall within the following description, we may act for you for a fixed fee, that is a fixed quote that cannot increase:
Neither you nor your spouse partner:
are the director of more than one company or a sole trader operating more than one business are the beneficiary of a trust have an income of more than £60,000 pa gross any cases where the net assets of you and your spouse are more than £1,000,000 or have property located abroad Telephone us on 01225 471094 to discuss this option in more detail.

option B

In complex cases fixed fees are not workable as the amount of work involved can be highly unpredictable. We will charge for any work that you ask us to undertake on the basis of an hourly fee – please telephone to discuss.

option C

DIY Service. If you do not want a solicitor to ‘stand in your shoes’ and act for you, we are happy to provide you with advice and assistance on demand. In other words, you may decide to seek advice only once a week, once a month or only every few months. The rest of the time you will continue to act for yourself. We can act for you in the run up to a hearing and retain a barrister to represent you in court.

Divorce Costs Saving Expert (England and Wales) - Richard Crallan

Sign up to our newsletter and receive the first eight chapters of "Divorce Costs Saving Expert" for free.